Thanks so much to hnMom over at highneeds.wordpress.com for thinking enough of my little blog to pass along this recognition. I’m new to the blogosphere, but I’ve read her posts a few times and as a new mom, I appreciate her perspectives.
The Liebster Blog Award is a token of appreciation from one writer to another, passed around the Web to the small blogs who have made an impression.
It was a really nice treat to get her note and the Liebster (German for favorite).
By accepting the Liebster Blog Award, I agreed to the following Rules:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
- Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed.
- Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.
So here are five bloggers I think deserve some recognition. I don’t know how many followers some of them have so I may be breaking the rules a bit, but I like their stuff so …:
- Strings and Buttons is a fantastic new fashion blog. The author designed her own page and fills it with beautiful and affordable fashions inspired by everything from food to art. I’m no fashion guru, but I love getting her posts every morning.
- A Place in the Son is run by one of my oldest friends, so maybe I’m a bit biased. But she’s a fun writer and takes inspiring pictures of her family and their adventures.
- The Wandering Cook is written by a former newspaper colleague. All you have to do is look at the photos of her recipes and you will want to follow her blog and cook her food.
- Trying to be Conscious is a new-to-me blog I recently started reading. Her writing and outlook on life is refreshing and inspiring.
- Christina Glazar is also a new-to-me blog, a Swiss woman living in the United States. Her posts about the publishing world keep me inspired.